Starter For 9 - Kids VS Adults
Here it is. The Kids VS Adults edition. It’s sometimes tricky finding something that suits everyone, but lucky enough; we’re pretty good for that in Norwich.
- Trying to see the majority of a city is hard work, especially when the little ones can only walk so far. This is where the City Sightseeing Bus comes in handy. With the open top tour buses, you can ride around Norwich, getting on and off anywhere you want without exhausting anyone out.
- Cryptic Escape is a game to be enjoyed by both the adults and kids. Use the hour in a locked room to figure how to get out with clues and codes within your surrounding. A fantastic way to work together and have fun! Can you do it? Please note children under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Norwich Puppet Theatre is a great place for bringing out your creative side. With classes going on throughout the summer, the kids can get involved in creating props or watching a show.
- Head down to Riverside to wind down and catch a film at Odeon. There are also so many great choices for food as well, including, Nando’s, Las Iguanas, Artorio’s and a cheeky Wetherspoons! So much to choose from. Go bowling, grab a cocktail or just go for a walk around the football ground.
- The Museum of Norwich at the Bridewell is not to be missed. Check out their On the Ball exhibition which is all about Norwich City Football Club. There’s also the permanent collection which tells the story of Norwich through the ages. Don’t also forget the Black Beauty exhibition starting 25 July.
- The Sainsbury’s Centre for Visual Arts is the place to be this summer. Grown ups – go see the Paul Nash exhibition or Rana Begum. Fun fact to get the kids on board as well: this is where the Avengers assemble. Are we Team Captain America or Team Iron Man?
- Amazona Zoo - now who doesn’t love a trip to the zoo? There’s something for all the family to see. But we would put this out there for the kiddies. Home to over 200 tropical animals including Jaguars, Monkeys and Tapirs! There is a large, well-equipped, indoor soft-play area for under 12’s as well, so all the family can go and have fun.
- If you need another fill of zoos, try Banham Zoo – an award winning family attraction with over 2,000 animals from around the world in 50 acres of parkland and gardens. See who knows more about the animals. You, or the kids?...
- Take the kids to a wild and imaginative adventure park with magical treehouses, filled with intriguing characters in the Broads (around 25 minutes from Norwich). BeWILDerwood is a mystical land of the brave and adventurous creatures that live in our world. Aimed for children but it’ll bring out the child in you too! Let your imagination run wild with the lovable characters in the woods and join the kids for a magical day out. Pleasurewood Hills is also a great shout for young children, older kids and adults alike - full of adventure and fun rides, the whole family is bound to love a day out here!
For more ideas on what to do, browse our Explore and Experience page.