Norwich is home to one of the top four arts festivals in the country, the largest beer festival in Britain and oldest Lord Mayor's Procession outside London.
Take a peek at our favourites:
- Norfolk & Norwich Festival (May) - international arts festival
- Wymondham Music Festival (Jun/Jul) - the beautiful market town of Wymondham celebrates great music. Enjoy music in the market place, Town Busking Day, jazz in the Abbey, flamenco at the Regal and more.
- Lord Mayor’s Celebration (July) - a large street procession, fireworks, music festival, funfair, outdoor theatre, comedy, dancers, street artists and lots more.
- The Broads Outdoors Festival (May) - great for all ages, lots of opportunities to get out on the water, or explore the wildlife and heritage around the Broads.
- Norwich City of Ale Festival, (May/June) - a celebration of local brewing, pubs and real ale.
- Norfolk Food and Drink Festival (Aug-Sep)
- CAMRA Norwich Beer Festival (Oct) - a chance to sample some of the hundreds of beers and ciders at this week long event.
- UEA Spring & Autumn Literary Festivals - hear from some of the big-name authors from around the world (Feb-Apr & Sep-Nov).
- Worlds International Literature Festival (June) - International writers festival
- Shakespeare Festival (July) - enjoy the Bard in the medieveal surroundings of the Cathedral cloisters
- The Hostry Festival (Oct-Nov) - home-made in Norfolk, arts festival.
- WoW - acoustic, roots, country, blues and everything in between, all in a large field outside Diss!
- Sundown Festival 2014 - Pack your wellies and head for the Norfolk & Norwich Showground. This year's line up includes Tiny Tempah, Ellie Goulding and Chase and Status.