Our creative city has large galleries featuring permanent collections of national and international importance, as well as hosting major visiting exhibitions.
Featuring outstanding works of over 5000 years of world art and modern artists including Henry Moore, Pablo Picasso, Edgar Degas and Francis Bacon in the permanent collections, as well as a changing programme of major exhibitions.
Home to the largest collection of Norwich School paintings, with works by John Crome and John Sell Cotman amongst others. Spend a day exploring their huge range of galleries and collections ranging from teapots to gold torques.
See the student shows as well as high profile touring exhibitions.
Features a broad range of objects, from large architectural pieces, to furniture, textiles, art and ritual objects, which illustrate the arts and crafts of the region and generally cover a period from the 19th century to the mid 20th.
Look out for...
- Norfolk and Norwich Festival (every May)
- Norfolk Open Studios (every June). Local artists welcome visitors to their studios all over Norfolk.
- Art on the Railings, St Peter Mancroft (summer months). Local artists display work for sale in the heart of the city.
- Bergh Apton Sculpture Trail (every 3 years May/June – next trail 2014). Art displayed in gardens and public places which attracts thousands of visitors.
- History of Advertising Trust at Raveningham is open to researchers and on special days.