Things to do at Easter
There’s a pretty eclectic mix of Easter things to do in Norwich (and it’s surroundings) so we’ll try and compact it down to the essentials. However, our City of Stories blog always features weekly recommendations so it’s worth looking there too.
- Right - early birds, this one’s for you! The Dawn Chorus at Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden is a thing of beauty! Wake up with Norfolk’s wildlife around Fairhaven’s private broad and have an introduction to the garden bird life. Plus, there’s a cuppa and pastries afterwards. Talk about a productive Saturday morning!
- For all things fun, try Norwich Cathedral’s Easter Family Fun Day. Spend a day of craft making, dancing and storytelling with workshops to sign up to on the day, in and around the cathedral.
- Did you know that Dolly built a house? This Easter, make teeny tiny things to take home for your own dolls house at Strangers’ Hall. Then make your way to Norwich Castle for the extraordinary V&A Small Stories exhibition. And if creating tiny pieces for your dolls house isn’t enough, you can also create a mini-adventure for your character and animate their small story by making a film! Dolly will become a super-star!
- Keep the creativity going this Easter and head to Norwich Puppet Theatre for their Children’s Workshop where they can be inspired by their favourite fairytales with Enchanted Objects, or take inspiration from Beauty and the Beast and find the best in everything with Beasts and Beauties.
- Take it down a darker level and get into the nitty gritty of the dramas of the courtrooms from 19th Century Norwich. The scandal, the drama, the trial. Experience it all at Norwich Castle and Sherlock it up with the squad!
- For those energy-filled outdoors lovers, Barracudas Activity Day Camps in Norwich returns with all the fun and excitement needed for a school holiday. You’re welcome parentals! From archery to dance to drama to motor sports – it’s all here. Get them practicing archery like Legolas or Dance like Elliot and you’ll have a star in the making.
- It’s not Easter until that Easter Egg Hunt happens. Head to Fairhaven for their annual Egg Hunt and let the grownups - I mean kids - go wild! Good luck all.
- Hop on, Hop off, Bunny style this Easter with Broads Tour and their Easter Special. There’s a quiz for the little’uns, an Easter Egg Hunt (we maintain this is for all ages!) and a colouring/drawing competition to enter too. So keep the kids entertained while you relax and enjoy the trip as well!
- Make a trip to Holkham Hall for their four-day extravaganza! Climb aboard the Easter Express and take trailer rides over to the Walled Garden, play games and take part in the quizzes, or get crazy with the party animals with a face-painted transformation!
- Step into Summer with Norwich Cathedral's Family Fun Day! A great way to explore the Cathedral with music, storytelling and more. And check out the Explorer Backpack's for the inquisitive little ones who want to learn more about the Cathedral; which is on all week for half-term!
There’s plenty more going on in Norwich – just check out our What’s Happening page for more for all ages.