Top Easter Lunches
We’re a nation who loves to celebrate, and we do it best when we add food into the mix.
Norwich is a great city for delicious food, with many menus featuring high quality local produce – we are of course a big farming county! And what a choice Norwich restaurants offer; intimate establishments serving inventive Thai and Indian street food, tapas but not Spanish as you know it, French classics, burgers and of course traditional dishes from England and around the world.
Whether you want to grab a quiet coffee and muffin for some me time, indulge in cake with friends, tuck into a hearty Easter Sunday lunch with the family, or be romantic with fine dining for two, Norwich offers it all – you are quite spoilt for choice!
Ready to eat?...
- Known for their traditional afternoon teas in splendid Georgian surrounds, The Assembly House also do a fab breakfast, lunch and pre-theatre supper.
- Juicy meat, crispy roast potatoes and delicious Yorkshire puddings. Say hello to The Ribs of Beef – a traditional pub within the heart of Norwich with a great view of the River Wensum.
- This Easter a room with a cosy, warm feeling might be called for. The Library Restaurant, as well as serving their traditional Sunday Roasts in April, also offer options from their á la Carte menu including slow cooked duck, wood grilled butternut squash and shepherd’s pie Plus, there’s a Kids menu with chicken skewers, fish fingers and let’s not forget the ice cream dessert!
- For a romantic meal for two, you cannot beat; East Twenty Six, Roger Hickman’s Restaurant, Benedicts, Bishop’s, The Iron House and The Last Wine Bar.
Just outside Norwich
- The Loddon Swan is an independent Freehouse serving locally sourced food within the region using the finest meat, fish and vegetarian ingredients around. Keep it traditional and head here for a mighty fine Easter Sunday Lunch with family and friends. Why not take a walk along the Wherryman’s Way before or after your feast?
- Who says vegetarians can’t enjoy a legendary Easter Sunday lunch? Committed to creating healthy and delicious food for all to enjoy, River Green café have so many options to choose from. Who doesn’t love the sounds of a Mushroom Wellington, or a Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Korma, or a Puy Lentil and Vegetable Shepherdess Pie? Branch out and try these amazing vegetable-loving options.
- All the big hotels around Norwich offer stand alone restaurants so don’t forget to take a look at what they offer. Explore Hotels here.
This is just a taster, there are so many more options for you to explore, try and devour. And please don’t forget to book in advance, we wouldn’t want you to be disappointed!
Search all places to eat here!