Located North East of the Cathedral, The Great Hospital at Bishopgate is an Almshouse founded in 1249 by Bishop Walter de Suffield that has cared for the citizens of Norwich for over 750 years and it is part of the Norwich 12. The group of buildings includes a church, cloister, medieval refectory, and a Victorian hall. It is the only surviving medieval hospital to have its entire records in tact since its foundation in 1249. In the middle ages the Great Hospital was one of about 300 such hospitals in England in the middle ages.
Please check website for special open days
Nearest car park
St Helen's Wharf