For those wanting to cycle around Norwich the Norwich Cycle Map features five pedalways which cross the city from one side to the other and meet in the middle! If you don't have your own bike you can easily hire one from Norwich rail station (however you must pre-book) call 0845 6007245 or book online!
Just outside Norwich city centre is Whitlingham Country Park offering 86 acres of water and parkland perfect for exploring by bike.
The Wensum Valley’s breath-taking countryside and woodland lanes is another great place for cycling, follow the varied ‘Bike it!’ routes to get the most out of the area. Route 2 starts from the University of East Anglia in Norwich, whilst routes 1, 5 and 9 start from the market towns of Wymondham and Diss both reached by rail with Abellio Greater Anglia.
The Broads by Bike is a network of circular rides around the northern Broads and a great way to explore the area and its local wildlife at your own pace; pick up a map from a Tourist Information Centre and enjoy the extensive network of routes through woodland, parkland and marshland.
Bike hire is now available from Waveney River Centre - bicycles can be hired from the centre by the day (£14) or half day (£10) and long or short route maps are available free of charge. Secure cycle storage is availbale for guests (subject to availability).
Try these routes around the Broads;
- Stokesby - Runham - Mautby - Thrigby 8.5 miles
- Martham - Thurne - Rollesby - West Somerton 15 miles
- Thurne - clippesby - Fleggburgh - Filby Road 10 miles
- Clippesby - Potter Heigham - How Hill - Ludham 14.5 miles
- Horsey - Sea Palling - Hickling - Potter Heigham - Martham 20 miles
- Hickling - Sutton 5.5 miles
- Stalham - Lessingham - Honing - Worstead - Dilham 22.8 miles
- Hoveton - Neatishead - Barton Turf - Horning 15.8 miles
- Horning - Wroxham - Salhouse - Ranworth - South Walsham - Ludham 18.5 miles