To celebrate English Tourism Week 2017 here are two great ways to discover more about Norwich – and they are absolutely free!
City Sightseeing Norwich – VIP Trade Day & Season Opening, 30th March 2017 – see invitation here
To join in with English Tourism Week and to kick off the start to the 2017 season, come and meet bus operator and Norwich Attractions Chairman David McMaster & his team from Norwich’s Open Top Tour Bus on one of their extra special city tours exclusively for VIP’s and tourism industry colleagues.
- Join David and the team for a cuppa and a chat and catch up with tourism colleagues before hopping on their 45-minute audio-tour of Norwich’s best loved routes, sites and iconic views. We guarantee you’ll learn something NEW about Norwich.
- View David’s newly converted wheelchair accessible bus which is fully DDA compliant.
- Experience first-hand why visitors and locals alike enjoy coming on City Sightseeing tours.
There are 3 tours available choose between 30 March 2017;
- 10am – meet for refreshments at Norwich Theatre Royal
Tour commences 10.30am, duration 45 minutes
- 11am – meet for refreshments at Norwich Theatre Royal
Tour commences 11.30am, duration 45 minutes
- 12pm – meet for refreshments at Norwich Theatre Royal
Tour commences 12.30pm, duration 45 minutes
It is essential to book a place so please do that by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07551 509176.
NEW! Guided Walking Tours of Norwich – please join us
Norwich Tourist Information Centre (TIC) is launching two new 90 minute walking tours of Norwich and inviting local people to join them for free!
The new tours entitled Words and Wanderings and Passages Through the Past will uncover places, people and stories throughout Norfolk history. The former tour is inspired by famous local writers and authors and the places they frequented. Including amongst others; Julian of Norwich, Sir Thomas Browne and Harriet Martineau. The latter will take walkers through some of Norwich’s historic nooks and crannies.
The free tours taking place during English Tourism Week are Words and Wanderings, Saturday 25 March at 11am and Wednesday 29 March at 2pm and Passages Through the Past Friday 31 March at 11am and Saturday 1st April at 11am. Numbers are limited and those wanting to participate must book their free tickets by calling 01603 213999 or visiting www.thenorwichshop.co.uk.
The new tours will be part of a wider themed offer of walking tours which commence in April and run until October, walking tours cost £5 per person. Special tours take place during the year on selected dates themed around Nelson, Halloween and Christmas. Anyone wishing to book private tours can do so all year round. Please contact Norwich TIC for full details of the Walking Tours programme 2017.