Member Update 05 July 2017: Exciting NEW campaign & 7 million audience reached
Summer has arrived and with that plenty of visitors and residents are out and about enjoying themselves. The VisitNorwich team is as busy as ever; these are our accomplishments during April, May and June.
New campaign coming soon & awards news
VisitNorwich’s incorporation into Norwich BID recognises the advantages of integrated destination management, and our commitment to improving outputs through operational efficiency. The Norwich, the City of Stories campaign is a BID/VisitNorwich destination management project that has become increasingly effective since its inception in the summer of 2014 not least because of our common cause in managing the visitor offer. Norwich BID has confirmed significant ongoing investment in the City of Stories brand through approval of an exciting new summer and autumn tourism marketing campaign. Our new project will serve some absolutely stunning film content, commissioned by Norwich Cathedral, to audiences in London. The film will be a UK first, from a BAFTA award-winning local film maker, details will be revealed soon - it is anticipated that the campaign message will reach millions of people. Investment will also include website SEO work, aimed at bringing more of the right attention to www.visitnorwich.couk and www.cityofstories.co.uk.
Norwich BID’s collaborative approach to destination management extends to direct investment in innovative and prominent events which raise the profile of the destination offer; it creates events like Head Out Not Home and it supports events put on by other organisations like Norwich Fashion Week. This in turn gives VisitNorwich wonderful cultural content to PR to VisitEngland, VisitBritain and travel media – even more reasons to visit Norwich.
Last Christmas we worked hand in hand with Norwich BID’s operational and marketing personnel to promote the BID’s excellent Christmas offer, including the Tunnel of Light and light media projections on City Hall and Norwich Castle. An integrated destination management approach to the project resulted in quite extraordinary amounts of media coverage through the travel press, VisitEngland and VisitBritain. We’re thrilled to share news then that the BID have just been awarded Campaign of the Year from the Association of Town and City Management alongside recognition of it being amongst the very best of BIDs in the BID of the Year category. That award recognises work in bringing free WiFi to Norwich City centre, City Hosts and the City of Stories mural scheme, amongst other projects. Huge congratulation to the team from everyone at VisitNorwich.
Other VisitNorwich achievements:
- Just under 1 million print circulation; coverage for Norwich area and VisitNorwich members.
- Over 6 million audience reached by broadcast media– national TV & local radio.
- Our weeklyCity of Stories enewsletter database now stands at over 12,500 subscribers
- Over 9.4 million digital OTS (opportunities to see); online articles, e- newsletters including Greater Anglia, BBC, The Guardian and The Mirror.
- Coverage in Archant North London titles ,Property Scene magazine, The Guardian, The Mirror, Cycling World magazine, Norfolk magazine, Places & Faces, Travel GBI and Discover Touring magazine.
- Broadcast coverage: The One Show (BBC, 5 million audience), BBC Radio Norfolk,HEART radio and Future Radio.
- 3 press trips including overseas media from the Netherlands.
Marketing Norwich and our members
- Watch this space - we are about to launch something amazing in partnership with one of our VisitNorwich members which will be very exciting news.
- VisitNorwich together with Norfolk Museums Service & Jarrolds has been working on a celebration for the 140th anniversary of the first publication of Black Beauty. See our website for events and special themed stay packages.
- Big events coming up we are shouting about: Nelson & Norfolk at Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery (July - October), Noirwich Crime Writing Festival (Sep), The Russian Season at The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts (Oct – Feb 18), Rembrandt: Lightening the Darkness at Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery (Oct-Jan18) and brand new for Norwich in April 2018 WOW – Women of the World Festival from the Southbank Centre.
- VisitNorwich is also working closely with IWC Media on a fantastic new show to be filmed in Norwich in September for air next year. The series for Channel 4 will include a complete episode on Norwich.
Member Update 24 April 17: 001 - 20.5 million audience & counting ...
We’re off to a great start! During 2017 to date VisitNorwich has already achieved;
• 6 million circulation; coverage for Norwich area and VisitNorwich members.
• Over 20.5 million digital OTS (opportunities to see); online articles, e-newsletters, etc.
• Coverage in The Sun, The Daily Mirror, Oldie mag, FEAST, Norfolk mag, Fine City, TravelGBI, EDP & Evening News, BBC East, Future Radio, Places & Faces.
• 6 press trips including a national daily.
• Outdoor promotion, Greater Anglia posters; A3 Norwich to Gt Yarmouth & Cambridge. Station posters; Liverpool Street, Cambridge, Colchester, Ipswich – footfall in millions.
• Tourism Superstar winner: Duane Dibartolomeo, Grosvenor Fish Bar – the second VisitNorwich member to win in 3 years.
• English Tourism Week - Walking Tours – 80 people took up free places offered by Norwich TIC, promoted by VisitNorwich.
• Member events; Norwich Castle, Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts & City Sightseeing Bus.
• Our weekly City of Stories e-newsletter now goes out to over 12,000 nationally.