From Saturday 29th April 2017 10:00
to Monday 1st May 2017 17:00
Explore and enjoy a varied programme of events that celebrate Norwich’s outstanding collection of medieval churches with performances, family activities, church trails and guided walks, open buildings and exhibitions. Norwich has more medieval churches than any other city north of the Alps, an exceptional legacy and outstanding setting for the festival.
- Margery’s Quest – a dramatized trail around some of Norwich’s churches, bringing to life some of Norwich’s most important historical and religious figures
- Drop-in circus workshops with Lost in Translation Circus at St Michael Coslany Church
- An exhibition and talk by Norfolk-based artist Gerard Stamp – revealing the process behind his watercolour of a Norwich medieval church, at St Andrew’s Church
- Ale tasting from Boudicca Brewery at St Peter Mancroft Church
- A Dragon’s Tale – drop-in family workshops with the Norwich Puppet Theatre at St James’ Church
- Norfolk and Norwich Medieval Association re-enacting medieval skills and crafts at Millennium Plain by St Peter Mancroft and The Forum
- Medieval music by Hexachordia at St Martin-at-Palace
- The opportunity to watch stonemason apprentices at work at St Peter Mancroft and at St Michael-at-Plea Churches.
Most events are free.