On the water
There are plenty of things to do on or near the water in Norwich and beyond into the Norfolk countryside! If your base is the Norwich area take advantage of watersports at Whitlingham Country Park or if you prefer to take things at a more leisurely pace hire a day boat or take a boat trip, Wroxham is only 10 miles from Norwich, one of the main hubs in the Broads.
Boat tours & trips
- Discover the Broads with Broads Tours!
- Take a trip on a private broad at Fairhaven Woodland & Water Garden, accessible for wheelchair users too!
- Hire a Day Boat for a half or full day at the Norfolk Mead Hotel and, as an added option, why not have lunch on deck with their freshly prepared picnic hampers?
- Day boats are available to hire on the Broads, even if you only have a couple of hours it can be done!
On the water activities
- At Whitlingham try your hand at water sports with tuition. Loads of courses are available for both adults and children with great affordable family taster days during school holidays too.
- Waveney River Centre offers Canadian canoes (prices start for a day £35 - 3 adults or 2 adults/2 children), day boats and a beautiful lovingly restored 1930’s launch for hire, available to residents and non-residents. This is a superb day out!
- BeWILDerwood is a family adventure day out and entry includes a short trip on a boat!
- Eaton Park in Norwich has a beautiful model boating lake, this is ideal for a couple of hours and it’s free!
- The Norfolk Mead hotel offers day boat hire to guests and non-guests, you can purchase a delicious picnic hamper or perhaps round your day off with a gorgeous afternoon tea!
- The Old Rectory hotel and Poolside Lodge all offer accommodation with outdoor pools.
- Marriott Sprowston Manor, Holiday Inn Norwich North, Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf & Spa and Potters Resort all feature indoor pools and leisure facilities.
- Properties with indoor pools include; Barn Owl Holidays, Moor Farm Stable Cottages, Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf & Spa and Waveney River Centre.
- The UEA Sportspark in Norwich has an Olympic size swimming pool open to the public.